Information Management Advisor – Kaitohutohu Puna Kōrero
Ngā Taonga Sound & Vision care for and preserve an ever-growing collection of New Zealand’s films, radio, television, sound recordings, props and documents. As a Charitable Trust, we’re passionate about fostering stronger connections to our taonga and making these treasures accessible for Kiwi’s to enjoy and celebrate. Ngā Taonga is the audiovisual archive for Aotearoa New Zealand. We’re a Charitable Trust, committed to Te Tiriti o Waitangi, that recognises that there are multiple world views. The 70+ staff who work for us are passionate about caring for and sharing the precious taonga in the collections and their role in ensuring all New Zealanders, including future generations, will be able to know their history and connect with their cultural identity.
We are looking for an Information Management Advisor – Kaitohutohu Puna Kōrero who will enjoy bringing their information management expertise to support a small organisation passionate about preserving New Zealand’s sound and moving image taonga.
This is an incredibly exciting time to join Ngā Taonga as we’re currently undertaking some significant multi-agency projects and also piloting shorter and more flexible ways of working.
About the role
This role will see you make your mark as you oversee our information and records management policy, systems, tools and processes. You’ll have support from the business to make decisions and you’ll be seen as a trusted advisor who will work closely with kaimahi to support and advocate for our information management needs.
Your role will see you:
- Oversee implementation of our information strategy
- Create and maintain and advocate for our information management policy and procedures
- Support enhancements to our electronic document management system
- Confidently consult with the business and openly share your expertise
- Provide support, training and education to our kaimahi
We’re looking for someone who will be excited by the idea of implementing our information strategy as we strive towards becoming a sustainable, world-class archive. You’ll be comfortable advocating for good information management practices at all levels of the archive as well as rolling up your sleeves and getting stuck into whatever needs doing on any given day.
We’re looking for someone with:
- At least five years’ experience in an information management role
- Industry breadth, you have a great understanding of information management and where it is going
- Experience with information governance, and developing and embedding policy and procedures
- Experience with O365 and SharePoint
- Knowledge of New Zealand Legislation and IM compliance requirements.
- Respect for Māori tikanga and te reo Māori
- A consultative and pragmatic approach
What is in it for you?
- A chance to create a foundation of great information management practice and culture within the organisation
- An environment that cares deeply about saving and sharing New Zealand’s audiovisual heritage.
- Working with people who are passionate about what they do and are eager to share their passion and knowledge with others.
- A flexible working environment including working 32.5 hours per week fulltime and remote working as part of our Future of Work Pilot.
For further information or a confidential conversation about this position please contact Tanya Prince at email@example.com.