Marketing & Communications Senior Advisor
Kaitohutohu Matua Whakatairanga, Whakapā
He mea whai take te pūranga taonga nā te whai take hoki nō ngā mea tuku iho. Kei ngā pūranga e puritia ana ā tātou kōrero, e toka ai ngā mea i pā ki a tātou, kō wai rā tātou, ko wai tātou ināianei. He whakarangatira tāna i tō tātou mana ā-iwi me tō tātou aro hoki ki ngā tikanga a iwi kē.
Archives matter because history matters. Archives hold our stories, give us evidence about what has happened, who we were and who we are. They enrich our sense of identity and our understanding of our cultures.
Ngā Taonga Sound & Vision is New Zealand’s audiovisual archive. We save and cherish the stories, creativity and history of Aotearoa New Zealand in sound and moving images.
We are looking for a Marketing & Communications Senior Advisor – Kaitohutohu Matua Whakatairanga, Whakapā who will enjoy working collaboratively in a role packed with variety.
You will strongly influence the development and delivery of the marketing and communications aspects of our Audience Engagement Strategy, our media relations and our corporate communications. As well you will be responsible for producing engaging staff communications, including managing our new staff intranet.
You will have solid experience in writing, editing and proofing communications for a range of audiences across various channels, great technical skills and a good understanding of integrated marketing concepts. Your experience will include working with CRM systems, social media channels, website maintenance as well as end-to-end corporate publication project management. We are looking for someone adaptable and versatile with a problem-solving mind set. You will know how to manage conflicting priorities and ideally have some experience in project management using recognised tools and practices.
You will need to have a strong respect for Māori tikanga and te reo Māori.
What are we looking for?
- Minimum of five years’ experience in a marketing and communications position with corporate communications, social media, website, media relations and reporting responsibilities.
- Expert writing, editing and proofing skill and demonstrable experience writing communications for a wide range of audiences.
- Experience project managing publications.
- Technical knowledge and experience managing websites, blogs, newsletters, social media channels and CRM systems.
- Awareness of tikanga Māori and openness to working with iwi and Māori communities.
- High level of initiative and willingness to learn about and be an active advocate for the work of Ngā Taonga Sound & Vision.
- A commitment to the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi and supportive of both Māori and Pākehā perspectives, language and aspirations.
- Ideally you’d also be competent working with Indesign and Photoshop and be familiar with government accountability-related reporting and project management practices.
What is in it for you?
- An environment that cares deeply about saving and sharing New Zealand’s audiovisual heritage.
- Working with people who are passionate about what they do and are eager to share their passion and knowledge with others.
- A family-friendly workplace.
- Exciting projects to lead and get involved in.
Salary Range $65,602 - $82,003
To Apply :
Please visit our website on www.ngataonga.org.nz to download a position description and an application form. Send your application with CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information or a confidential conversation about this position please contact Jeanette Bullen – Group Manager Outreach & Engagement 0212 732 739.
Closes: Monday 27 January 2020 at 9.00am