Pou Ārahi, Deputy Chief Executive Māori
He mea whai take te pūranga taonga nā te whai take hoki nō ngā mea tuku iho. Kei ngā pūranga e puritia ana ā tātou kōrero, e toka ai ngā mea i pā ki a tātou, kō wai rā tātou, ko wai tātou ināianei. He whakarangatira tāna i tō tātou mana ā-iwi me tō tātou aro hoki ki ngā tikanga a iwi kē.
Archives matter because history matters. Archives hold our stories, give us evidence about what has happened, who we were and who we are. They enrich our sense of identity and our understanding of our cultures.
Kei ngā pūranga ā tatou kōrero tuku iho e puritia ana kia mahara ai tātou i ahu mai tātou i hea. I konei ka mōhio tātou ki ngā āhuatanga o tērā iwi o tērā iwi me te motuhaketanga o Aotearoa i te ao whānui.
Ngā Taonga Sound & Vision is New Zealand’s audiovisual archive. We save and cherish the stories, creativity and history of Aotearoa New Zealand and in sound and moving images.
You’ll be at the heart of a new phase in the history of Ngā Taonga Sound & Vision as the representative on the Executive Leadership team providing strategic leadership from a Māori perspective across the organisation. You’ll develop policies and procedures to raise and model the Archive’s aspirations of genuine Treaty partnership.
What are we looking for?
- Leadership and management experience, including strategy and vision
- setting and organisational culture development.
- Ability to develop and maintain high quality relationships with stakeholders,
- especially iwi and Māori communities.
- In-depth understanding of the Treaty of Waitangi and the implications on
- the organisation.
- A high level of proficiency in te reo Māori, both written and spoken.
- Confidence working with heritage organisations and government agencies,
- including Ministers and senior executives.
- An opportunity to lead kaupapa Māori strategic thinking.
- An environment that cares deeply about saving and sharing New Zealand’s audiovisual heritage.
- Working with people who are passionate about what they do and are eager to share their passion and knowledge with others.
- A family-friendly workplace and flexible working arrangements.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Sunday, 23 February 2020
APPLY OR VIEW THE POSITION DESCRIPTIONS: www.jacksonstone.co.nz