The Man and his Music
Loading the player...
BILL KEREKERE - THE MAN AND HIS MUSIC (part 3 of 3.)
Broadcast from National Radio on 25.11.84, this is the third part of a three part series about Bill Kerekere and his music and elements which have influenced his song writing. For details, refer to listing for MPT 10/2885.
Details of this programme follows :
1. E rongo au i te reo/Ka huri au/ Ko taku whakapapa performed by Ngāti Poneke
2. Karangatia e te iwi - combined Ikaroa group during Royal welcome, Rugby Park Gisborne,1970.
3. Oranga Hou (comp George and Tangiwai Ria) - Waihirere at the 7th NZ Polynesian Festival, Hastings 1983
4. Patere - Ngāti Poneke at the 4th NZ Poly Fest, Gisborne 1977.
5. Tangihia - NZ Māori Company
6. Ka noho au (words Ngoingoi Pewhairangi/tune : Bill Kerekere) - Te Kapa Haka Matua o te Tairawhiti, Poho-o-Rawiri, welcome to Prince and Princess of Wales 1983
7. Tapu tapu/Kei a koe/Whakarongo ki te reo/ Haere mai - Waihirere practising before going to Waitangi, 1963.
8. Bill sings his own composition "A Merry Christmas Time"
9. Whaia te iti Kahurangi - Ngāti Poneke at the 7th NZ Poly Fest , Hastings 1983.
Reference number 42112
Media type AUDIO
Collection Sound Collection
Māori radio programs
Ethnic radio programs
te Ua, Henare, 1933-2007
Kerekere, Wiremu Kīngi, 1923-2001
Date 25 Nov 1984