1985 Te puna wai kōrero
Loading the player...
On 16 February 1985, 100 members of the whanau of Mrs Tai Green, one of the best-known kuia of Ngāti Porou and Te Arawa and a daughter of Sir Apirana Ngata, celebrated her 80th birthday at Okere Falls on Lake Rotoiti.
- Mrs Lili Bennett speaks with Hēnare te Ua about their mother and their upbringing.
- Kaikōrero: Mrs Aho Rogers.
- Kaikōrero: Danny Green (mokopuna)
- Kaikōrero: Makerini Green (son) Mac.
- Unidentified speaker.
- Kaikōrero: George Bennett (son in law).
- Waiata: He Putiputi Koe.
- Kaikōrero: Te Rauhuia Green (eldest son).
- Kaikōrero: Mrs Tai Green.
Reference number 45741
Media type AUDIO
Collection Sound Collection
Bennett, Arihia Kane (Lili), Speaker/Kaikōrero
Rogers, Aho, Speaker/Kaikōrero
Green, Danny, Speaker/Kaikōrero
Green, Makerini, Speaker/Kaikōrero
Green, Te Rauhuia (b.1928, d.2006), Speaker/Kaikōrero
Green, Tai (d.1995), Speaker/Kaikōrero
te Ua, Henare, 1933-2007, Speaker/Kaikōrero
Date 09 Mar 1985