Find out more about this item:
News in Māori with Rewa Hudson.
- kaikōrero: Paddy Whiu on Waitangi Celebrations
- kaikōrero: on Don Brash on his Orewa speech.
- kaikōrero: te Ururoa Flavell on the Humus group in Palestine.
- kaikōrero: kaikōrero Tama Iti / Tuhoe on his court case.......
HAKINAKINA with Kingi Taurua. Rugby / Rugby Sevens
- Instrumental Interlude............
PIRIWIRITUA with Ruia.....mihimihi
- waiata: Ko te tau i mua te hapu o roto..Te Huaki Puanaki
- unidentified kaikōrero: (unable to identify the event).
kaikōrero: Ruia, he talks about Ta Apirana Ngata MALLB; and his kōrero
about the Treaty of Waitangi me ona tikanga...The treaty was written 1840 and
signed by many Māori chiefs but not all, written Te Reo Māori and English....mentions
Captain Hobson, Pohipi and Wiremu Karuwha....part 1. taken from the newspaper
"Toa Takitini" April 1922.
Commercial - physical Abuse to woman and children.
- waiata: Aa, i o..........Whakarongo ki nga manu.
- kaikōrero: Piere Lyndon talks about Ngāti toa, mentions Iwi Nicholson.
- ka kawea e ia he tauparapara o Ngāti Toa, Kawhia ranei.
- ka kōrero whakapapa, Tuwharaiti ka heke mai ki Ta Rakahuru....and others ka heke
mai ki Kawhia ki Ngāti Whatua....a ki Te Rauparaha ki Ngāti Toa / Hana wineera.
- waiata whakamutunga: E rere, te manu / Kuini Wano
Reference number 52502
Media type AUDIO
Collection Sound Collection
Ngā Taonga Korero Collection
Puanaki, Te Huaki
Date 31 Jan 2006