Find out more about this item:
News in Māori with Akuhata Moari
- kaikōrero: Hone Harawira / Māori Party on Waitangi
- kaikōrero: Jim Perry/ Ngāti Porou ....Iwi issues
- kaikōrero: Goverment education processes.
HAKINAKINA with Te Kauhoe Wano / Cricket / Rugby
PIRIWIRITUA with RUIA...mihimihi / nga hotaka (9:08)
- waiata: Tirotirohia te ataahua na Ronald Karaitiana
- kaikōrero :Huirangi Waikerepuru speaking from Te Hiku o te Ika Iwi Irirangi
supporting the Treaty of Waitangi and all that it stands for....not hapyy that "tau
iwi" are interferring and bringing in their own rules / UN issues / Seabed Foreshaw,
Kotahitanga o nga Iwi katoa.
NB: Ataahua nga kōrero a tenei kaumatua e pa ana ki te Tiriti o Waitangi
- kaikōrero: Ruia supporting all the Huirangi spoke about on Te Hiku.
- waiata: E Papa Waiari / Kiri Te Kanawa.
- kaikōrero: Ruia talks about Rongomaiwahine / Ngāti Kahungunu..... na
Ruawharo / Takitimu waka....Rongomawaihine=Tamatakutai Ki tauapapa 2
children(f) Rapuaitegangi & Hinerauiri .Rongomaiwahine = Kahungunu.= 5 children.
Once had a factory for whale killing. Area welknown for seafood and growing kumara.
- musical interlude with Kimi Winiata.
- kaikōrero: Huirangi Waikerepuru / rangatahi
- waiata: Kua piki te ora / Mabel Wharekwa-Burt.
- kaikōrero: Ruia on Aperahama Taonui./ Māori newspaper Te Karere o Niu
Tireni / Anglo Māori Warder / Māori Messenger / Te Waka o te iwi were some
of the Māori newspapers that were printed in the early 19th centry.
Reference number 52519
Media type AUDIO
Collection Sound Collection
Ngā Taonga Korero Collection
Date 07 Feb 2006