Deposit to the Collection
Ngā Taonga Sound & Vision collects all forms of moving image and sound – as well as related ephemera, documents and artefacts – that have a connection to New Zealand or New Zealanders. Find out more about what we collect or read our Selection and Acquisition policy.
New deposits are cared for by our conservators and stored in controlled archival conditions, ensuring their longevity so that they can be accessed by future generations.
If you have items you would like to deposit to the archive’s care please read the information here on how to deposit.
Why Deposit with Ngā Taonga Sound & Vision?
- Materials are kept safe in secure, temperature and humidity controlled environments.
- Preservation work is carried out by specialist staff, extending the life of the original item. Learn more about how items are preserved.
- Items are added to our schedule for digitisation, further safeguarding the content.
- The rights associated with items deposited can be retained by the original owners and rights holders.
- Material in the collection will be available to inform, educate and inspire New Zealanders of the future.
Note: as we have many thousands of analogue items in the collections, digitisation work is ongoing, not immediate.
Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions about depositing material.
Watch a behind the scenes video on audio deposits coming into Ngā Taonga Sound & Vision.