Recent reports from meetings of the Board of Trustees are available below. From December 2016 we have provided these in summary form.
Additional Ngā Taonga Sound & Vision corporate publications, including Annual Reports, can be read in the Corporate Information section of this site.
Note: Ngā Taonga Sound & Vision was formed by the amalgamation of the New Zealand Film Archive, Sound Archives Ngā Taonga Kōrero, and the Television New Zealand Archive between 2012 and 2014. Prior to August 2014, the former organisation names are used in all documents.
Board Report Summary 11 April 2019
- The Group Manager Outreach & Engagement – Poutakinga Rōpū Torohanga/Tūhonohono joined the Board to present the draft Audience Engagement Strategy.
- The Board discussed a refresh of the Strategic Plan. The Chief Executive will present a project plan to the Board in June and the Board will have high level input.
- The Board approved the Draft Business Plan and Budget 2019/20. The Assurance & Risk Committee will finalise the Budget for the Board to approve in June.
- The Board approved the purchase of a second tape library and fibre infrastructure to augment our digital archive (Kohinga).
Board Report Summary 19 February 2019
- Jock Phillips was welcomed to his first meeting of the Board of Trustees, which included a tour of Ngā Taonga’s Taranaki Street premises and the Wellington vaults. The National Library also hosted the Board and gave them a tour of the building ahead of the planned co-location this year.
- The Board discussed the relocation to the National Library building and were very positive about the relationship between the two organisations.
- The Board discussed the National Archival and Library Institutions (NALI) Review and the recent meeting between NALI Chairs and Executives and the Ministers.
- The Board reviewed the 2019 Budget Bids.