Recent reports from meetings of the Board of Trustees are available below. From December 2016 we have provided these in summary form.
Additional Ngā Taonga Sound & Vision corporate publications, including Annual Reports, can be read in the Corporate Information section of this site.
Note: Ngā Taonga Sound & Vision was formed by the amalgamation of the New Zealand Film Archive, Sound Archives Ngā Taonga Kōrero, and the Television New Zealand Archive between 2012 and 2014. Prior to August 2014, the former organisation names are used in all documents.
Board Report Summary 12 December 2019
- The Board congratulated the Chief Executive Honiana Love on her appointment.
- The Board approved the Gifts, Hospitality and Sensitive Expenditure Policy, and Treasury Policy.
- The RFP process for the appointment of Auditors was approved.
- The Board discussed and provided feedback on the Digital Transformation Strategy.
- The Board noted the new Throughput Model Reporting, and the Pricing of Services report.
- Feedback was provided on the Kaitiaki Framework Project and the draft SLA between Ngā Taonga and TVNZ.
- The Long Term Property plan was noted.
Board Report Summary 10 October 2019
- The process and outcome of the 2018/19 audit were noted and the Board unanimously approved the Financial Statements for 2018/19.
- The Board approved the 2018/19 Annual Report.
- The Board reviewed and gave feedback on the draft Strategic Plan 2019-2024. The Board delegated the Chair final approval of the Strategic Plan.
- The Group Manager Information Services – Poutakinga Rōpū Ratonga Kawe Kōrero presented the new Price Guide to the Board.
Board Report Summary 15 August 2019
- The Board continued discussions on the 2019-2024 Strategic Plan.
- The Ministry for Culture and Heritage Chief Executive met with the Board.
- The Board reviewed and approved the refreshed style of financial reporting.
- The Acting Chief Executive briefed the Board on the Collections Relocation Project.
Board Report Summary 13 June 2019
- Whetu Fala and Simon Murdoch were reappointed for a second term on the Board of Trustees.
- Honiana Love (currently Pou Ārahi, Strategic Advisor, Māori and Group Manager, People & Capability) was appointed as interim Chief Executive following Rebecca Elvy’s resignation. The Board has begun the process of seeking a long-term successor to Rebecca and hope to make an appointment later this year.
- The Business Plan 2019/20 and the Budget 2019/20 were approved by the Board.
- The Board reviewed the draft Annual Report.
- The Board had a Strategic Plan workshop and discussion. Work on the strategy refresh will continue for the rest of the year.
- The Board reviewed and gave their feedback on the draft five-year Outcome Agreement with the Ministry for Culture and Heritage.
Board Report Summary 11 April 2019
- The Group Manager Outreach & Engagement – Poutakinga Rōpū Torohanga/Tūhonohono joined the Board to present the draft Audience Engagement Strategy.
- The Board discussed a refresh of the Strategic Plan. The Chief Executive will present a project plan to the Board in June and the Board will have high level input.
- The Board approved the Draft Business Plan and Budget 2019/20. The Assurance & Risk Committee will finalise the Budget for the Board to approve in June.
- The Board approved the purchase of a second tape library and fibre infrastructure to augment our digital archive (Kohinga).
Board Report Summary 19 February 2019
- Jock Phillips was welcomed to his first meeting of the Board of Trustees, which included a tour of Ngā Taonga’s Taranaki Street premises and the Wellington vaults. The National Library also hosted the Board and gave them a tour of the building ahead of the planned co-location this year.
- The Board discussed the relocation to the National Library building and were very positive about the relationship between the two organisations.
- The Board discussed the National Archival and Library Institutions (NALI) Review and the recent meeting between NALI Chairs and Executives and the Ministers.
- The Board reviewed the 2019 Budget Bids.