Recent reports from meetings of the Board of Trustees are available below. From December 2016 we have provided these in summary form.
Additional Ngā Taonga Sound & Vision corporate publications, including Annual Reports, can be read in the Corporate Information section of this site.
Note: Ngā Taonga Sound & Vision was formed by the amalgamation of the New Zealand Film Archive, Sound Archives Ngā Taonga Kōrero, and the Television New Zealand Archive between 2012 and 2014. Prior to August 2014, the former organisation names are used in all documents.
Board Report Summary 21 April 2017
- The Board discussed the upcoming Patronage Campaign, agreeing that further work would be done through the Fundraising Committee.
- The Board approved an amendment to the Constitution and Kaupapa which enables a Trustee’s term of appointment to be made for up to 3 years. The documents as amended are now available on our website.
- The draft Memorandum of Understanding between the Digital Media Trust and Ngā Taonga was noted. The Board was very positive about the relationship between the two organisations moving forward.
- The Tumu Whakarae – Chief Executive conducted a Risk Workshop to develop a Governance Level Risk Register for the Board. The Board agreed the resulting Risk Register would be presented to the Board at the next meeting for confirmation.
Board Report Summary 10 February 2017
- The Ngā Taonga Sound & Vision Selection & Acquisitions policy was presented to the board following its robust consultation process, which the Board approved.
- The Board discussed the ongoing work to gain greater security of tenure at Avalon, including the risks and opportunities involved.
- The six monthly Te Māngai Pāho Report was presented, with the Board requesting to continue receiving a summary of performance against contract targets and associated risks.
- The Ministry for Culture and Heritage joined the board for a working lunch and discussed future joint ventures and the recently approved accommodation strategy.
Board Report Summary 9 December 2016
- In accordance with Ngā Taonga Property Strategy paper, the Board directed the Chief Executive to commence discussions with the Ministry for Culture & Heritage to secure appropriate lease arrangements for Ngā Taonga at Avalon as part of the renewal of the MOU with MCH .
- The Board provided feedback to the Pou Ārahi on the draft Iwi Engagement Strategy, and supported the direction of the strategy being collection-led.
- The process and outcome of the 2015/16 audit were noted and the Board unanimously approving the Financial Statements for 2015/16.
- The Group Manager for Collection Services outlined the operational risks in Collection Services, and how they are being managed.
- The Board approved a request to Her Excellency The Right Honourable Dame Patsy Reddy, GNZM, QSO, Governor-General of New Zealand to host a Patronage event at Government House Wellington later in the year.