[A good tempered despot and compilation of other 1962 items.]
Loading the player...
A compilation of five audio cuts.
1. The final part of the documentary "A Good-Tempered Despot" about Richard John Seddon. [The first part is on T292 ID155526]. Recorded in 1962.
2. P. Henderson, the manager of radio station Rarotonga, tells of the station's development since 1953. Recorded in 1962.
3. Frank Alack, a former Mount Cook guide, tells of the first ski jumping and night skiing, in New Zealand in 1924. Recorded in 1962.
4. The official opening of Gisborne's Waioeka scenic highway on December 15, 1962.
5. The opening of the Wellington rail-ferry terminal. Speakers include the Minister of Railways and Sir Keith Holyoake, the Prime Minister. Recorded August 10, 1962.
Reference number 155546
Media type AUDIO
Collection Sound Collection
Documentary radio programs
Nonfiction radio programs
New Zealand Broadcasting Corporation (estab. 1962, closed 1975), Broadcaster
Holyoake, Keith Jacka (b.1904, d.1983), Speaker/Kaikōrero
Alack, Frank, 1899-1991, Speaker/Kaikōrero
Henderson, P., Speaker/Kaikōrero